Good morning, Vandal Nation — and this morning sure smells like gametime.
There’s a full-up slate of news links this morning, as everyone prepares for the Idaho Vandals home football opener tomorrow.
On tap today at Vandal Nation, we’ll Better Know a Foe by talking to a Mountain West blogger about the San Diego State Aztecs, shine the Vandal Spotlight on quarterback Nate Enderle and cover the Vandals women’s soccer team as they aim to defend home turf against Eastern Washington at 4 p.m.
As with every Vandal home game, we’ll have an play-by-play interactive liveblog from the Kibbie Dome beginning at 1:30 p.m. tomorrow. Or, you can follow along with regular score updates and highlights on the Vandal Nation Twitter. Either way, join us!
Also remember, it’s Vandal Spirit Friday — wear your Vandal gear!
- The Argonaut’s Jennifer Schlake has a preview of tomorrow’s Vandals/Aztecs matchup.
- Also in The Argonaut, I call this a must-win game for Idaho.
- The Reno Gazette-Journal’s Dan Hinxman has yet another quality article about the links between Colorado State and Nevada, who also do battle tomorrow. The Vandals will take on CSU in two weeks, so Vandal fans should pay attention to this one.
- The Lewiston Tribune’s Jesse Baumgartner breaks the news that Idaho has picked up two blue-chip recruits out of Lewiston High — quarterback Justin Podrabsky and offensive tackle Spencer Beale.
- The San Diego Union-Tribune’s Brent Schrotenboer has an in-depth look at the unorthodox 3-3-5 defense espoused by Aztecs defensive coordinator Rocky Long. (h/t to Jesse’s Lewiston Trib blog)
- The Fresno State Collegian previews the Fresno State/Boise State WAC grudge match.
- Dave Southorn of the Idaho Press-Tribune says Fresno State and Boise State have a “civilized rivalry.” Not like the one between Boise State and Idaho, then…
- The Idaho Statesman’s Chadd Cripe writes that Boise State’s defensive unit is finally getting the respect it deserves.
- The Idaho Statesman’s Nick Jezierny has a nice feature writeup on Vandal wideout Daniel Hardy.
- Josh Wright of the Spokesman-Review has yet another Idaho/SDSU preview, this one focusing on improved linebacker play.
- The Spartan Daily has a video preview of the annual SJSU/Stanford game.
- The Logan Herald-Journal’s Wade Denniston previews the all-Aggies fight between Utah State and Texas A&M.
- The Argonaut’s Lisa Short has a look at the team’s final preseason tournament before the WAC battles begin.
- GoVandals.com has the official word on the 2009-10 men’s tennis schedule.
- The Argonaut’s Ilya Pinchuk previews today’s Idaho/Eastern Washington battle.
- The Argonaut’s Ilya Pinchuk has a look at this weekend’s Sundodger Invitational in Seattle and a feature story on freshman runner Laurel Draper.