A chilly morning in Moscow — fall is on the way. To warm you up this morning, here’s our pick of news from around the WAC, with quite a bit of reporting from the Colorado papers.
Coming today, we’ll have our picks for WAC basketball’s top juniors and a report on today’s football practice.
Fewer than 600 student tickets remain for Saturday’s game — pick up yours at the UI Ticket Office in the Dome before they’re gone.
Update: 1,000 more student tickets have been released as of this afternoon.
- The Lewiston Tribune’s Jesse Baumgartner, as usual, has a good Vandal practice wrap from yesterday.
- The Fresno Bee’s Bryant-John Anteola says the rest of the WAC better watch out for the Vandals.
- The Idaho Statesman has a notebook from around the WAC.
- Mike Brohard of the Loveland Reporter-Herald reports on the Rams’ attempts to boost a weak tackling effort.
- The Coloradoan’s Kelly Lyell features four Ram players who began as walk-ons but now start for Colorado State.
- The Rams are hoping to find some way to stop “bowling ball” DeMaundray Woolridge, The Denver Post’s Natalie Meisier reports.
- The Ruston Daily Leader previews tonight’s nationally-televised Hawaii/Louisiana Tech matchup.
- The Honolulu Advertiser’s Stephen Tsai previews the same game from a Warrior perspective. Advertiser columnist Ferd Lewis says a loss could be fatal to Hawaii’s season.
- Logan Hopkins of the Fresno State Collegian ranks Idaho second in the WAC.
- Teddy Feinberg of the Las Cruces Sun-News reports on New Mexico State’s attempt to reach .500 when the Aggies visit San Diego State. (h/t to Bleed Crimson)
- The Woodland Daily Democrat previews the upcoming cupcake matchup between Boise State and UC Davis.
- The Spartan Daily has a nifty audio slideshow from San Jose State’s win over Cal Poly.
- We made our picks for the WAC’s best seniors, including three Vandals.
- The Bulldog Bounce has an early look at Fresno State hoops.
- Idaho’s women’s cross-country team debuted in the polls, ranked 15th in the West Region.