There’s plenty of news across Vandal Nation today as we gear up for football this weekend.
Vandal volleyball plays Louisiana Tech in Mem Gym today at 7 p.m. – it’s a White Out the Gym night.
And we’ll have the Max Komar Vandal Spotlight — promise!
Let’s get to the links:
- The Idaho Statesman’s Nick Jezierny calls Vandal quarterback Nathan Enderle “dialed in” and ready to lead.
- The Salt Lake Tribune’s Lya Wodraska says the Vandals have “reignited football frenzy” in Moscow.
- The AP’s Nicholas Geranios reports on the Vandals’ unexpected surge to the WAC’s top tier.
- The Spartan Daily’s Ryan Buchan has a Spartan-perspective game preview.
- Jared Eborn of the Deseret News has a look at the state of Utah State heading into conference play.
- ESPN.com’s Graham Watson continues her Vandal lovefest, picking Idaho to beat SJSU in a 41-17 blowout.
- Jon Wilner of the San Jose Mercury News thinks the Spartans/Vandals game will be a crucial tipping point for San Jose State’s season.
- The Idaho Press-Tribune’s Jake Alger looks at the Vandals’ strengths and weaknesses.
- The Las Cruces Sun-News’ Teddy Feinberg has a look at one of the Aggies’ bright spots: their offensive line. (h/t to BleedCrimson.net)
- New Utah State blog AggieNoise.com spotlights USU punter Peter Caldwell.
- The Reno Gazette-Journal’s ever-prolific Chris Murray begins a WAC preview reverse countdown with his projected last-place finisher, Hawaii.
- The Deseret News’ Jared Eborn posts his preseason media poll ballot, projecting Idaho to finish third.
- From the Idaho athletics department comes the news that the Vandals’ March 3 home contest against Louisiana Tech will be nationally televised on ESPNU.