It’s everyone’s favorite WAC wake-up call, and this Friday day-before-gameday edition is chock-full-o-links. But first, a few housekeeping items.
Vandal Nation will have a reduced posting schedule this weekend. I will be out of state to celebrate the life of my grandmother, and necessarily my attention is focused on personal matters.
We’ll have complete WAC game previews this afternoon, and we will try to have a Vandal Gameday post tomorrow morning, with perhaps a quick game recap in the evening. Better Know a Foe will take the week off.
With hoops practice set to start next week, our Western Athletic Conference basketball preview coverage will begin in earnest. This weekend, we’ll round out our hoops class rankings by looking at the league’s top freshmen. We’ll reveal our Preseason All-WAC ballot on Monday and begin a daily Preview Countdown in predicted order of finish, from worst to first.
Remember, it’s Vandal Spirit Friday, so wear your Vandal gear!
Let’s get to the links:
- The Argonaut’s Jennifer Schlake previews the Vandals’ game in San Jose tomorrow.
- Spokane Spokesman-Review writer Josh Wright examines efforts to improve Idaho’s suspect special teams unit.
- We aim the Vandal Spotlight on standout wideout Max Komar.
- There’ll be a watch party in Moscow for the Idaho/SJSU game. GoVandals.net has the details.
- The Salt Lake Tribune’s Tony Jones previews Utah State’s conference opener in Las Cruces.
- The Honolulu Star-Bulletin calls Hawaii/Fresno State a “rivalry to remember.”
- The Reno Gazette-Journal’s Dan Hinxman has a preview of tonight’s Nevada/Louisiana Tech battle.
- Craig Hislop of the Logan Herald-Journal says Utah State fans should be “grateful” for NMSU.
- The Fresno State Collegian’s Logan Hopkins breaks down the Fresno State/Hawaii matchup..
- ESPN.com’s Graham Watson talks with La. Tech’s standout running back, Daniel Porter.
- BleedCrimson.net has a Know the Foe on the upcoming all-Aggies gridiron battle.
- As we reported last night, Idaho’s home rivalry game against Boise State on Jan. 25 will be nationally televised on ESPNU.
- The ridiculously prolific Chris Murray of the Reno Gazette-Journal continues his WAC preview countdown with a surprising (or not) pick to finish second to last: Boise State and his seventh-place pick, San Jose State. Also, he ranks the WAC’s starting centers.
- The Argonaut’s Ilya Pinchuk previews this weekend’s pair of home soccer matches.
- The Vandals dominated on home court last night, sweeping Louisiana Tech in straight sets. Here’s the story from Idaho Athletics.