It’s just about threatening to snow on the Palouse — and right on time, because hoops season is about to begin. In keeping with that, our hoops links section is starting to expand.
Today, we’ll have live-tweet coverage from the Vandals’ volleyball match against New Mexico State at 7 p.m., as the Idaho spikers look to solidify a top-half seeding in the WAC Volleyball Tournament.
A reminder: Students must pick up hard tickets for Saturday’s Homecoming game, which kicks off at 2 p.m. We’ll have complete previews coming up.
- ESPN’s Graham Watson picks the Vandals to roll over Louisiana Tech and says Akey’s Army is out to avenge last week’s loss to Nevada.
- If you missed it yesterday, ESPNU has picked up the Vandals/Broncos intra-state grudge match.
- GoVandals.net’s Matt Dessert has a preview of Idaho’s homecoming game against the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs.
- Brian Murphy of the Idaho Statesman says Humanitarian Bowl officials really want Idaho.
- The Fresno Bee’s Bryant-Jon Anteola looks at this weekend’s Bulldogs/Aggies battle.
- The Lewiston Tribune’s Jesse Baumgartner reports from Wednesday’s Vandals practice.
- Blogging the Bracket agrees with the polls, picking Idaho to finish fourth.
- The Logan Herald-Journal’s Shawn Harrison reports from the Utah State Aggies’ season-opening scrimmage.
- Chris Murray of the Reno Gazette-Journal starts a detailed WAC preview series with No.9 Hawaii.
- Chris Murray also re-selects the WAC’s “best hair” — and gives it to Idaho’s big-do, big-time shooter Luciano de Souza.
- Dayton Morinaga of the Honolulu Advertiser looks at the preseason injuries which have plagued Hawaii. (h/t to Parsing the WAC)
- The excellent basketblog Storming the Floor posts up its Preseason All-Name Team.