Good morning, Vandal Nation! Welcome to the more-or-less daily news roundup.
On tap today, we’ll have a commentary on what the Vandals need from Saturday’s home opener against the Aztecs and a Vandal Spotlight interview with senior point guard Charlotte Otero of the women’s hoops squad. Maybe another thing or two, too.
Remember, we’ll be liveblogging from the Kibbie Dome beginning at 1:30 p.m. Saturday. Join us!
- The Idaho Press-Tribune’s Jake Alger reports on the Vandals’ home football opener and projects an Idaho victory.
- The Daily Aztec, SDSU’s student paper, previews the Vandals/Aztecs matchup.
- The Reno Gazette-Journal’s Dan Hinxman profiles Colorado State quarterback Grant Stucker — who the Vandals will face in the Kibbie Dome on Oct. 3.
- Las Cruces Sun-News sports editor Teddy Feinberg says the NMSU Aggies have to pass, pass, pass to win this week vs. UTEP. (h/t to BleedCrimson)
- The Bulldog Bounce has an in-depth preview of tomorrow’s huge WAC conference battle between the Boise State Broncos and the Fresno State Bulldogs.
- The Everett Herald’s Scott Johnson opines that even in defeat, the Vandals exposed real flaws in the Washington Huskies’ defense.
- ESPN.com’s Graham Watson profiles Fresno State running back Ryan Mathews.
- The UH Football Blog has a roundup previewing the Hawaii/UNLV battle.
- The Idaho Press-Tribune’s Jake Alger talks to Renado Parker, a blue-chip JC recruit out of North Idaho College who verbally committed to the Vandals this week.
- CollegeHoopsNet ranks the New Mexico State Aggies #75 in the nation, #3 in the WAC.
- GoVandals.com has an official preview of this weekend’s key games at home vs. Eastern Washington and at Gonzaga.
- GoVandals.com has an official preview of the Sundodger Invitational in Seattle.