The sun has risen on another day on the Palouse, and that means it’s time for another dose of WAC news at Vandal Nation.
Coming this afternoon, we’ll have a special announcement about hoops season that we’re very excited about. Don Verlin’s team is perhaps the best Idaho basketball squad since the Don Monson years, and we’re going all-out to cover his quest for an NCAA Tournament berth.
This week as a whole will be jam-packed… we’ll have Vandal Spotlights on Nate Enderle and Charlotte Otero, Better Know a Foe with The Red and Black Attack, previews of every WAC game and more.
- The Reno Gazette-Journal’s Dan Hinxman reports on the surprising early strength of Idaho Vandals football.
- Dave Southorn of the Idaho Press-Tribune writes on much the same vein.
- The Bulldog Bounce has a snark-ridden piece suggesting the Broncos play dirty — and that the WAC lets them get away with it.
- The Las Cruces Sun-News’ Teddy Feinberg says expectations need to be lowered for what has been a woeful NMSU Aggie football team.
- The Red and Black Attack, a Northern Illinois Huskies blog, has a notebook from the Huskies’ upset of Purdue last Saturday. They’ll be a tough foe for the Vandals.
- The Nevada Sagebrush has some excellent coverage of the Nevada Wolf Pack’s awful start to the season. There’s a commentary suggesting expectations were too high and one that says the program’s in danger of losing fans, along with an audio slideshow looking at the career of coach Chris Ault.
- The Idaho Statesman’s Chadd Cripe reports on the Boise State Broncos’ efforts to replace leading rusher D.J. Harper, who’s out for the season with a torn ACL.
- Warriors Will Throw, the Hawaii football blog, has a roundup of reports from the Warriors’ shootout loss to UNLV.
- The Argonaut’s Jennifer Schlake previews the Vandals’ conference season.
- The Arg’s Lisa Short reports on the Vandals’ woeful finish to non-conference play.
- The Arg’s Jennifer Schlake reports on the newly-confident Vandal women’s golf squad.