Well, it was a disheartening evening in Pullman last night, as the Vandals got blown up by the Cougars.
Finals week is upon us, so posting will be rather light right about now. We’ll have a practice report from hoops tomorrow, and a preview of Saturday’s game against Eastern Oregon.
Football is back to practicing in anticipation of the Humanitarian Bowl!
Now for the links, an all-roundball affair today:
- The Vandals were thoroughly ‘whupped’ by Washington State, as coach Don Verlin admitted. We’ve got a complete game report from the carnage including video of Verlin’s very candid postgame thoughts. Vince Grippi of the Spokesman-Review has a game story, too. Larry Johnson of GoVandals.net has a photo gallery. Braulio Perez of the Daily Evergreen chimes in with the Cougs’ perspective.
- Hawaii overcame a 17-point halftime deficit to crush D-II Chaminade’s upset hopes. With the gamer is Dayton Morinaga of the Honolulu Advertiser.
- Another WAC/Pac-10 upset attempt went awry, as Arizona managed to beat back and then disassemble Louisiana Tech. The Arizona Daily Wildcat’s Kevin Zimmerman has the scoop.
- It took overtime to do it, but the San Jose State Spartans managed to beat Cal State-Bakersfield in a game the Mercury News reports was a close battle all the way.
- Ike Okoye powered Boise State to a road win over Idaho State, as the Idaho Statesman’s Nick Jezierny reports.