T-minus two days to kickoff, and things are beginning to heat up on the Palouse.
For those who might have missed it, there was a significant announcement yesterday: the Nov. 7 Idaho/Fresno State football game will be nationally televised on ESPNU in prime time, with kickoff moved to 7:30 p.m.
Today on the blog, we’ll have the second part of our Vandal football midseason report card and continue our Western Athletic Conference basketball preview series. With tomorrow looking jam-packed as well, we may post up our Better Know a Foe conversation today too.
Remember that we’ll have an interactive play-by-play liveblog/chat from Saturday’s game beginning at 1:15 p.m. Join us!
- We posted up a midseason report card on the Idaho offense.
- The Idaho Press-Tribune’s Jake Alger makes a few midseason award picks and looks at the game ahead.
- ESPN.com’s Graham Watson picks Idaho to beat Hawaii, albeit in yet another close one.
- The Spokesman-Review’s Josh Wright has a nice feature on Mike Iupati, the Vandals’ O-line monster and probable NFL draft pick.
- Football on the Fringe posts its own midseason report card on Idaho, and the Vandals come out smelling like roses.
- Rivals.com asks its football reporters what the biggest surprise of the year is. Two of them say Idaho’s resurgence.
- ESPN.com’s Bottom 10 doesn’t include any WAC teams this week, but San Jose State and Utah State loom on the waiting list.
- The Idaho Statesman’s Brian Murphy says Boise State coach Chris Petersen isn’t worrying about the polls in the wake of the Broncos’ 28-21 squeaker at Tulsa last night.
- The Las Cruces Sun-News’ Teddy Feinberg writes that the Newmags need to stop La. Tech’s big-play ability, and posts raw quotes from the team’s’ weekly presser. (h/t to Bleed Crimson)
- We continued our WAC preview series with a look at underachieving #8 San Jose State.
- The Reno Gazette-Journal’s Chris Murray continues his WAC preview series by picking Idaho to finish fourth in the conference. The Vandals load up with talent and will finish worse than they did last year? *boggle* We’ll have a critique of that pick later.
- Chris also posted an excellent piece of statistical number-crunching, breaking down the non-conference schedules of every team in the WAC. Read it.
- Parsing the WAC’s Kevin McCarthy apparently doesn’t get a media poll vote — but he should. Here’s his lighthearted take on some preseason conference bests.